Access a wide range of information about suicide, suicide prevention and other important topics. This section is useful for persons working in mental health, education, first responders, medical community and family members looking for information about suicide related topics.
The Texas Suicide Prevention Toolkit provides a comprehensive guide to prevention,
Download the ASK: Ask About Suicide App and the Hope Box App for both iPhone and Android devices.
Texas Suicide Prevention has a number of videos and PSAs which can be found on our YouTube Channel. Univision...
Find presentation materials from previous Texas Suicide Prevention Symposiums here.
Information for medical care personnel and first responders: A Hospital Response to Community Suicide...
Suicide Safer Schools Find Info About Suicide Safer Schools in Texas Recommendations for Suicide...
Find best practices for community response to a death by suicide including media recommendations for...
Regarding media coverage of suicide death, Dr. Scott Poland warns, "Well documented in the research is...
Find a number of Fact Sheets, brochures and other information designed especially for Texas.
Publicaciones/ Publications Acaso Un Joven Esta Tratando De Decirle Algo?/ Is A Young Person Trying...
Online suicide prevention videos, trainings and apps.
General Information Library Documents
Please click on the links below to see the full PDF or PPT files.
- How to Report Suicidal Users on Facebook
- Recommendations for Reporting Sucide
- Texas Statutes Regarding Suicide
- 2 IR Presentation
- Lifeline Online Communications
- Models Presentation
- Adolescent Emergency Patients: Suicide Risk Detection and Services Facilitation
- Case Example SAVE’s National Multi-Media Campaign
- Developing and Implementing a Research Based Program at the Local Level
- Culture, Poverty and Violence – Suicidal Risk for Latino Youth
- Frameworks Suicide Prevention Project – Individual and Community Healing, Part 1
- Frameworks Suicide Prevention Project – Individual and Community Healing, Part 2
- Online Communities and Social Networking
- Patterns and Trend in Texas Suicide
- Prevencion del Suicidio en Texas/Suicide Prevention in Texas
- Suicide Prevention in Texas
- Suicidality and Eating Disorders, Freizinger, Balz
- African American Suicide Prevention Resource List
- Texas State Plan for Suicide Prevention, 2011
- Do You Have a Mood Disorder?
- Is a Young Person Trying to Tell You Something?
- 2012 National Strategy for Suicide Prevention: Goals and Objectives for Action
- 2012 Overview – National Strategy for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Activity Tracking Sheet
- About the Bilingual Publication “Understanding Suicide: The Basics”
- Understanding Suicide: The Basics / Comprender el Suicidio: Lo Fundamental
- Texas Suicide Fact Sheet on Hispanic Americans / Hoja de Datos Sobre el Suicidio de Americanos de Origen Hispano en Texas
- Suicide Prevention: A Parent & Teen Guide to Recognizing Suicide Warning Signs / Prevención de Suicidio Juvenil
- Is A Young Person Trying To Tell You Something? / Acaso Un Joven Esta Tratando De Decirle Algo?
- Talking To My Kids About My Mental Health Concerns / Hijos Sobre Mis Problemas De Salud Mental?
- Publication Request Form – Suicide Prevention